1. Promote your selfies. Fundraisers with pictures on their page raise 14% more per photo. A perfect excuse for a #selfie.
2. Tell your personal story. Why do you care? Tell your story about why you are fundraising.
3. Shoot for a target. Pages with a target raise 46% more. Aim high and tell the world.
4. Don't be afraid to share. Sharing on social media will help you raise more and people want to hear about the good things you are doing.
5. Don't forget about email. There are lots of your friends, colleagues and neighbours who are not on social networks but would love to hear about what you are doing.
6. Be creative. Think of interesting ways to get people excited about your fundraising. “If I reach $1,000, I’ll take part in the event wearing a wig.”
7. Let us know. By letting JDRF know you have set up a fundraising page we may be able to help spread the word via our social networks or email.
8. Let supporters know how you are doing by updating your page often, they will enjoy following your progress.
9. Convince your friends to take part and raise money as well ...as it makes the experience more fun!
10. It's not over 'til it's over. 20% of donations come in after an event has ended, so make sure you follow up the event with an update about how you did.